UV unit manufacturers know you will need to change your UV lamp every year, so they take measures to make sure it’s as easy as possible to do. Therefore, replacing your UV lamp is a fairly simple process.
Here we give a generic description of how to change a UV lamp, but feel free to ask us if there’s any make or model you would like to know about specifically.
- Turn off the power. First off find out where the UV unit is plugged in, then turn the power off to the whole unit. We would recommend just unplugging/down powering the unit from the wall.
- Remove the old UV lamp. There will be some kind of device/plug supplying the lamp with power, you’ll have to separate this UV chamber and the lamp. Your lamp should then slide out once disconnected.
- Double check you have the right UV lamp. Before inserting the new UV lamp it is worth double-checking the new and old UV lamps side by side to make sure you have the right one before you try to insert it into the UV unit.
- Top tip – we would recommend that you clean the UV quartz sleeve before you replace the UV unit. Sometimes these sleeves can get a bit cloudy or have a build-up of debris. By cleaning the quartz sleeve now will give your new lamp the best environment to operate in.
- Insert your new UV lamp and reconnect to the power.
**Optional** Units that have a countdown timer are going to need you to reset the timer at this point. There will be a reset button on the controller if this is the case.
- Turn the power back on. The UV unit should carry on working as it did before.
- Have a cup of tea. You deserve it after all that hard work and UV lamp replacement.
If you are still not sure how to change a UV lamp in your UV unit then give us a call, we can help you identify the unit you have and talk you through the process. Alternatively, we can come out and replace the UV lamp for you. CONTACT US
For those that have an Atlas UV unit then in the following video, James will help explain how to replace your UV lamp.